South Plainfield Accidents Up 50% Near Piscataway Red Light Cameras
Link to source article:
SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ – Accidents in South Plainfield near red-light cameras installed in Piscataway on the border of the two towns are up 50 percent, according to a study by The Alternative Press of South Plainfield.
The cameras are at the intersection of Stelton Road and Hadley Road and at the intersection of Stelton Road and New Brunswick Avenue. Fines collected from tickets issued motorists nabbed by the cameras go to Piscataway and Middlesex County.
The study compares accident rates for the first six months of 2012 (when there were no cameras) to the first six months of 2013 (when the cameras became operational). It revealed a 50% increase in overall accidents within 100 feet of the two intersections and a near doubling 500 feet out. Rear-end collisions also saw a 50 percent jump.
“We were against the red light cameras from the start,” said South Plainfield Mayor Matt Anesh. “The cameras are supposed to cut the number of accidents, but that’s not what we’re seeing. They should come down.””
STOP REDFLEX POSTS
- Windows 10 is deleting pirated games and software – Video Proof September 27, 2015
- Newly Obtained Records Reveal Extensive Monitoring of E-ZPass Tags Throughout New York September 7, 2015
- Windows 10 devices sending encrypted telemetry to Redmond every time they open or close any locally-stored image file August 31, 2015
- Another Massive Privacy Issue on Facebook : Facebook canceled a student’s internship after he highlighted a August 17, 2015
- Thought Crime? “FACEBOOK MONITORS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES AND PHOTOS FOR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, REPORTS THEM TO POLICE” August 10, 2015
|novusauto on Speeding Ticket Camera Company…|
|stopredflex on Red light cameras PROVEN dange…|
|william cunningham on Red light cameras PROVEN dange…|
|Jashan on Boycott the Iphone 5s! Iphone…|
|Mark Crawford on I didn’t join the marine…|