Your Smartphone Spies On What You Type
All you have to do is place your phone next to your keyboard to provide a direct channel for anyone to read what you are typing – and it’s all down to the vibration of the keys.
We all do it – place our phones down on the desk next to the keyboard. This might not be such a good idea if you want to keep your work to yourself.
A team of researchers from MIT and the Georgia Institute of Technology have provided proof of concept for logging keystrokes using nothing but the sensors inside a smartphone – an iPhone 4 to be precise.
The first interesting finding is that the accelerometer inside an iPhone 3GS wasn’t good enough to pick up the vibrations of the keys but the iPhone 4 produced a clear signal. This demonstrates not only that sensors are getting better, but the improvement makes a real difference.”
STOP REDFLEX POSTS
- Windows 10 is deleting pirated games and software – Video Proof September 27, 2015
- Newly Obtained Records Reveal Extensive Monitoring of E-ZPass Tags Throughout New York September 7, 2015
- Windows 10 devices sending encrypted telemetry to Redmond every time they open or close any locally-stored image file August 31, 2015
- Another Massive Privacy Issue on Facebook : Facebook canceled a student’s internship after he highlighted a August 17, 2015
- Thought Crime? “FACEBOOK MONITORS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES AND PHOTOS FOR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, REPORTS THEM TO POLICE” August 10, 2015
|novusauto on Speeding Ticket Camera Company…|
|stopredflex on Red light cameras PROVEN dange…|
|william cunningham on Red light cameras PROVEN dange…|
|Jashan on Boycott the Iphone 5s! Iphone…|
|Mark Crawford on I didn’t join the marine…|